Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Amazing Race Reflection

IMG_3554.JPGThis year my favourite thing was when Room 10 went to camp and had an amazing race.  What is an amazing race you ask?  Well, Room 10’s race was completely different than what you see on t.v.  

We started of making a human pyramid with our team that we got put into. My team had five people in it so our human pyramid didn’t look like a pyramid at all.

After that we had to eat little plastic cups of rice bubbles until we had 2 faces at the bottom the cup.  Each group had to pick one person to eat the rice bubbles and my group picked Heith.  We picked him because he can eat anything in 5 seconds.

Then we went to get one kayak, a paddle and two life jackets. Our groups had to carry the kayaks, paddles and life jackets down to Mrs.Roils stream and paddle down to a bridge.  Then we got given a plastic plane that we had to make.  When we had done that we had to get a different person to paddle back to where we started.

After that we had to bring the kayak, paddle and the 2 life jackets and run through the finish line.  The finish line had caution tape between 2 trees.  I thought that camp Roil was a fantastic camp.  My favourite part in the amazing race was putting the paper plane together because Heith was really good at putting stuff like that together.

I think I have improved on maths because last year I always had to have Luca helping me but now I don’t.  Another thing that I think I have improved on is writing because when I show a new piece of writing Mum and Dad always say,  “Great work son, you have improved a lot from last year.”



I think that I need to work more on reading because, Mum and Dad really want me up another reading to level 30.  So I need to read a lot more than I used to if I want to get up to level 30.


The answer to my initial question is (what is an amazing race) is, where there is some teams compete against each other and there are a bunch of fun, challenging activities that you have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment